Monday, February 15, 2010

VOTE for me over at the Gnarliest Injuries Photo Contest!! (Please! :)

My online pal and triathlete Steve is holding a contest on his page for the Gnarliest Sports Injuries and I submitted my "I-beam Punctures Thigh" entries from my epic 2005 crash in the North Georgia Mountains.

Here's the deal: if you can stand the sight of injuries and some carnage, go to his blog HERE for the Gnarliest Injuries Photo Contest and please vote for the three most heinous wrecks for male and female (mine is titled I-beam Severs Quad... so it'd be great if you would actually vote for mine among the top 3...)  Top prize takes home nearly $375-400 in cycling/running gear, all oriented towards safety, visibility, identification.  So help keep me safe!

As some of you know I'm heading back to school for trauma nursing in the near future, so this is not only thematically-appropriate but will help in the penny-pinching.

I know I don't ask for anything, but do appreciate the little things so if you have the time, that would be great.  Thanks in advance, and feel free to kick this over to your coworkers/colleagues so they can vote for me too!  The more the merrier :)  [Just be sure and warn them that the theme is that of sports trauma so they don't read this while eating cheerios or something along those lines.]

If I win, we'll go for a run to celebrate.  I'll even let you wear my jacket.  What's not to love?

Thanks for exercising your right to vote.. on President's Day nonetheless!

2 comments:

Keith February 16, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

Hi, got here from frayed laces. We are co-entrants in the photo contest. I'm the one that hugged his dentist after. I thought I had a good shot at this, but I'm currently getting my tail kicked in the voting. And, I have to admit, yours, and several others are considerably more horrific than mine. Ride safe!

Jeff February 22, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

Thanks for dropping by Keith! I must say that yours had me cringing more than most, too. Something about teeth... glad you - and your teeth - are back to 100%!! Stay safe out there, too! -Jeff

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP